Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Colossians 1:15-17 Control

"Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.  He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,  for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth.  He made the things we can see and the things we can't see --- such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers and authorities in the unseen world.  Everything was created through him and for him.  He existed before anything else and he holds all creation together." Colossians 1: 15-17
 Recently a tornado destroyed Joplin MO, with almost 100 dead I ask God what he was thinking.  Why does he allow such heartache and sorrow to these people?  Then I selfishly ask God why he allows me heartache and sorrow?  But the above verse reminds me that he is in control.  He makes the things we can not see.  He may allow destruction, but he has created heaven for us, a much beautiful place with no heartache or sorrow. God not only holds creation together but also me.  He is my strength.  I don't know how I could live through such a disaster such as the tornado with out God.  It is hard to trust God in times of trials, but that is when I need him the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment