"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life - in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not sun or labor for nothing."
Philippians 2: 14-16.
This is my all time favorite verses. I think the first thing that brought me to this was the shining of stars, silly teen stuff. Then I have come to appreciate this verse so much more. As I think about starting this support group, I find myself asking, why me God? Why can't I just take the easy route?? Why can't I just get pregnant and be done with all this?! But this is where I need to take this verse to heart. Do everything, it doesn't say do somethings with out complaining, do EVERYTHING. Wow thats a lot. I would love to become a blameless and pure child of God. And I am in a crooked and depraved generation. God wants me to do something great with this group. I want to be able to stand before God on judgement day and he say "well done child of mine, you listen and obeyed, and you did so without complaining."
Stars, bright shiny lights that have lead people to their correct destinations. Maybe that is what I can be. Can I shine so bright that I lead others to Christ? Guide them to their spiritual destinations? I pray that God does this in my life. Make me a star that leads others to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment