"Dont let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
It is currently 1:52am on Sunday morning. The first day of the support group. It seems that lately I have been getting up in the middle of the night. Usually with a feeling of overwhelming stress. Tonight was no different. I lay there thinking, jeez can I not get more then 2 hours of sleep anymore! Then I started thinking about the group and how I just don't feel qualified to do this. How I need to explain that to everyone. Then I prayed for a quick minute (mostly for peace to sleep). I turned on the TV to Netflix, odd thing, it did not register me as a user. Ok, so I fixed that problem. All the while I am hearing a voice in the back of my head to put the remote down. Then while waiting for it to load I think about checking my Facebook (don't you just love smart phones!) and that is down. Ok, God I am listening now. So I hear a voice telling me to go look in my bible. Ok God this better be good. I often believe that if God wants you to read something he will open it to the right page. So I did my flip it open and close my eyes finger point. To be honest I tried a couple times. Then I found the above verse, in bold. I love the whole thing verse 4:6-16. "Don't waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives tales" (7) Yeah that can apply with infertility. "Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them" (11) "Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers and teaching them. Do not neglect the spiritual gift you have received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you" (13-14) It just dawned on me, the first time I felt God telling me to start this group was right after everyone in my small group prayed around me with their hands on me. Crazy. "Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you. "(16). Thank you God for giving me these verses. I know I am doing the right thing, and Satan is trying his hardest to keep me from achieving that goal. But you are stronger then him and together we will win!
No comments:
Post a Comment